Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Magpie Tales ~ What should he do?



A very interesting prompt was given us by Tess over at The Mag.  Make sure and stop over there.  Some wonderful takes on this.

Here is the original prompt...



Of course, I had to play...



Indecision

Do I speak to her
Do I dare?
Does she see me?
Please don't stare.

Do I speak to her?
Do I dare??
Wondering what to say?
Wondering what to do?

Do I speak to her?
Do I dare?
Do I look okay?
Do I smell?

Do I speak to her?
Do I dare?
Flushed with perspiration.
Flooded with despair.

Do I speak to her?
Do I dare?
Holding my breath.
Gasping for air.

I spoke to her!
I finally dared!
She smiled at me.
She liked my hair!

 I spoke to her!
She said she cared!
We sat together.
I sat and stared!

Smiling broadly!
Glad I dared!
We are now dating!
We are now a pair!



SueAnn@2013


Have a fabulous and special day!
Hugging you,

SueAnn


12 comments:

  1. Aww... if he only knew what she went through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first he sounded a little like J. Alfred Prufrock but I doubt if anyone will say "How his hair is growing thin!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the original, very striking colors ~ Glad he took that step ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. It obviously pays to be bold, not undecided! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha. yes, it is something like that...smiles...lol...it is good to dare...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever and skillful; quite entertaining...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, go for it when it feels right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yikes I remember all those thoughts! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the image, for some reason it reminds me of Federico Garcia Lorca.

    And I like that your poem makes me feel like I'm waiting for someone to open the door...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely- she saw him quite well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute and endearing poem.
    Still smiling...

    =)

    ReplyDelete