Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

The Magpie Tales ~ So Young; So Pure!



The challenge this week, over at The Mag, is a sweet photograph.  Here it is....



Of course, I had to  play with it!  Ha!  Here is my take on it....



What were you thinking?

I was so young.
Innocent!
You held my hand!
I trusted!

I was so young.
Timid!
Whispered promises!
I surrendered!

I was so young.
A virgin!
I took you in!
 Hungrily!


I was so young.
Trusting!
You took it all!
Greedily!

I was so young.
Humiliated!
You laughed at me!
Unspeakable!

I was so young.
Broken!
Scarred for life!
Appalling!

I was so young.
Shamed!
Walking, head high!
Determined!

I was so young!
Remembering!
Time has not healed!
Memories!

Now, not so young!
Adjusting!
Sealed it up and moved on!
Bravely!



Have a creative and loving day!
Hugging you
SueAnn

14 comments:

  1. ugh...a very hard reality...young, trusting and full of hormones, ready to take on the world and wanting to feel loved....and....its not pretty at times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very hard. How sad that we sometimes need to 'seal up' in order to protect ourselves. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. could have gone so many directions, bravely a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sealed it up and moved on..... congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharp, poignant, stinging. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent. And sad.

    And too often, true.

    "/

    ReplyDelete
  7. some times one should not trust, but then if you stopped trusting where would you be? Excellent poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ... this is mighty powerful. Nice writing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the mistakes we make in our youth...almost as bad as the ones we make in adulthood. sighs

    ReplyDelete
  10. So young - to have such memories.Thank goodness for the resilienceof youth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a brave write SueAnn!....Brave and powerful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice story and progression. :-)

    ReplyDelete