Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Magpie Tales ~ Mermaids in Sweaters!!!



The prompt this week is quite the challenge!  Here is the pic...



Now is that interesting or what!!!  The Mag has a sense of humor this week!  Here is what I did with the pic......



Now...what to say?   Hmmmmm.....




Mermaids in Sweaters

Tarry not....
sweet child of the sea.
Always be wary;
be ready to flee!!

Tarry not....
sweet child of the sea.
Running on empty;
I will let you be!

Tarry not....
sweet child of the sea.
Chilled and icy;
covered to the knee!

Tarry not....
sweet child of the sea.
Now warm and cozy;
how can it be?

Tarry not.....
sweet child of the sea.
Rest for a while;
I beg you, be free!!





SueAnn @ 2013



Have a amusing and delightful day!
Hugging you
SueAnn





19 comments:

  1. I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but this would make a cozy sweater for a mermaid. What you did with the colors made it even more so. Fun take on the Mad Magpie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe! You and I see much the same! We both honed in on the feet, it seems... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - Tess has brought out the surreal in us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. poor child of the sea, stuck in a living room. where is Tom Hanks when you need him?
    ;)

    incidental rag

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice....made me think of snorks looking at the pic...the beg to be free in the end has a nice emotional pull to it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. well if you are swimming in the Artic a warm wooly long fishermans sweater makes sense....very clever take!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet child of the sea, cover up those toes - they're freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too but mine was another mythical creature - I enjoyed yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I first saw the prompt I thought of Pearl from Finding Nemo!
    I loved your poem and the pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the repetition. You've done it so well. And the image....how the heck do you do that??

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're right...It's the perfect outfit for a child of the sea. Good eye! But then, of course, you're an artist!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh yeah! That's a creative take. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I saw the prompt I immediately thought submarines but never mermaids. This is clever. Well done!

    ReplyDelete