Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It was Just a Little Town




"It was Just a Little Town"

There was a little town nearby;
it was close to nowhere,
and next to nothing.
I could just cry.

A place with wind and rain;
clouds and sky!
A place where people
live and die.

I used to live in that little town.
It was near to my heart;
 close to my wildest dreams.
Clouding my thoughts.

A place with friends and enemies;
and close blood ties!
A place to grow\
and reach the sky.

We all lived in just such a town.
It bordered timelessness;
 nearer hopelessness.
It broke my heart.

A place with wind and rain;
clouds and sky!
A place to live,
before we die.



SueAnn@1996


Have a creative and imaginative day!
Hugging you
SueAnn




1 comment:

  1. this is rather haunting on some level...a place to live before we die...i was born in a small town, one where people dont always make it out or seldom leave so that adds another element to me...

    ReplyDelete