Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Colors

artist unknown to me


Colors

Today I put some color on my canvas.
Yesterday the color turned red.
I listened to the news
and was filled with dread!

Today I put some color on my canvas.
Yesterday the color turned black.
I saw the images
and was taken aback.

Today I put some color on my canvas.
Yesterday the color dripped.
I saw their faces
and felt my heart rip.

Today I put some color on my canvas.
Yesterday the color cried.
There is no explanation.
I wanted to hide.

Today I put some color on my canvas.
Yesterday the color was red.
They were all shot!
They are all dead! 

Today we are on our knees;
no words come out of our mouths.
We cry
We gnash our teeth
We no longer ask
WHY?

What will be tomorrow?





SueAnn@2012

1 comment:

  1. ugh...nice response...i think we will all struggle for some time with this one...as we figure out in the aftermath what we do from here...i hope we always think on it honestly...

    ReplyDelete