Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Magpie Tales ~ Done with it all !!



The Mag has offered us a new prompt for  this week....

Charis, Lake Ediza, California, 1937 by Edward Weston


Here is my take on Edward Weston photo....



Done with it All


She was leaning against a stone cold wall;
tired and worn out.
Totally spent...
played out...
Done!

She sat leaning against a stone, cold wall;
emptied and worn out.
Extremely weak...
fatigued...
Finished!

She leaned against the stone, cold wall;
worn to a frazzle.
Weeping...
broken...
Lost!

She lay against the stone, cold wall;
Calling to him.
Yearning for his touch...
one more time.
Crushed!

She stood against the stone, cold wall;
reaching for him.
Grasping the air....
humiliated...
Heart-broken!

She walked away from the stone, cold wall;
resolute.
Brave and determined...
going it alone...
Strong!

He approached the stone, cold wall;
hopeful.
Contrite....
yearning for her touch...
.......
Standing all alone!!!





SueAnn@2012


Have a creative and imaginative day!
Hugging you,

SueAnn

7 comments:

  1. i am glad he comes just as broken in the end...i love how in your pic her face goes black and is lost...i find it telling....you worked a lot of emotion into this as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this, especially the shake-'em-up ending...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wasn't expecting the ending...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this. I like the rhythm too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this indeed. She sounded exhausted alright!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pic! I liked the treatment to the image.
    Loved the lines you penned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your image, and I'm glad she walked away. Those boots look made for walkin'...

    ReplyDelete