Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Magpie Tales ~ Faint of heart!





Today's challenge painting is...

Sick Woman, 1665, by Jan Steen


My take on it.....





Faint of Heart

Fever,
Chills,

Oh how she ached!
Her heart....
Heavy!
Her mind...
Confused!

Fever,
Chills,
Oh how she longed!
Her heart....
Broken!
Her mind....
Clouded!

Fever,
Chills,
Oh how she hoped!!
Her heart....
Torn!
 Her mind...
Anguished!

Fever,
Chills,
Oh how she cried!
Her heart....
Divided!
Her mind....
Unsure!

Fever,
Chills,
Oh how she knew!
Her heart...
Broken!
Her mind...
Unclear!

He left...
he's not coming back...
Chills !

He loved another...
she's my best friend...
Fever!

Oh how she planned!
Her heart....
Iced!
Her mind...
Set!

Revenge!



SueAnn@2012


Have a magical and blessed day!
Hugging you

SueAnn

9 comments:

  1. I really like your take on the photo...turns it into multitudes with aching hearts. I hope to never have a friend like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oy your version of the pic is haunting sue...good just haunting...and your verse....like the after affects of heartbreak...it can def be sickening...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A long winded tale, Madam, if you don't mind my saying so... Great 'ghostly' figure in your rendition of the picture though, and I like the way the doctor is turning out of the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ghostly turn of your version of the image. And, oh my, and woman sickened by revenge: dangerous all around. I hope he and his mistress are running for the woods. Fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a ghostly sense to her as though it may be too late to plan her revenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well combined, the photos and the lines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your interpretation of the painting ... the poem too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remnds me of those out of body dreams you have when feverish !

    ReplyDelete
  9. loved your work on the picture...fab!!

    ReplyDelete