Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Magpie Tales ~ Mag 119



The challenge this week is from the painting by Hopper...Visit The Mag and see the other writings!  Fabulous!!


Hopper, Edward,...House at Dusk
 I played...





Waiting


He said she would be right back,
that she simply went to do some errands
I didn't hear her leave,
I didn't see her go?
I wait.

He said she wasn't mad
that she simply had to go out for awhile.
I didn't hear her go?

I didn't see her leave?
I wait.

He said she loved us so;
that she simply would not leave us.
I didn't feel the tears
I didn't see his fear?
I wait.

He said she would return;
that she simply left for a little while.
I didn't hear the fight?
I didn't see the blows?
I wait.


He said he wasn't crying;
that she would be home very soon.
I knew that he was lying?
I knew she wouldn't return.
I wait.

He said he had to go;
that he had to run some errands.
I didn't hear the door close?
I didn't see him leave?
I wait.

They left me here alone;
that they would be back soon.
I knew this wasn't true.
I knew I'd have to go.
I wait.

The apartment was found empty.  Not a soul in sight.  The only sound was the sound of dripping water from the sink in the kitchen.  The coffee was on; the toast ready in the toaster; cereal bowl filled and uneaten; and a sink filled with dishes.  Not a soul in sight.  

The apartment was found empty.  Not a soul in sight.  Blood smeared on the wall, and on the floor, and on the door.  Mirrors broken on the right.  Window broken on the left.  Not a soul in sight.

The apartment was found empty.  Not a soul in sight.  The mystery now has deepened.  No husband!  No wife!  No son!  Where had this begun?  

Not a soul in sight?

 A mystery unfolds tonight!

Not a soul in sight!?

\
SueAnn @ 2012

Have a creative and imaginative day!
Hugging you
SueAnn


8 comments:

  1. ooo this is haunting in the end...the repetition is spot on and sets the tone...i like the shift to prose at the end as well...def a fine piece of writing sue ann....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very mysterious and a nice contrast between the verse and prose forms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful and very imaginative - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And therein hangs a tale... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crime scene investigator in me wants to solve this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very dark for the bright and happy person I know you to be. Is that your hidden side?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chilling tale revealed in wonderful style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your questions at the end of statements! thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete